Thursday 23 February 2012

Moar gaming!

So today I tried to record a video to upload to YouTube, not the easiest thing in the world... It took me 30 minutes to figure out how to work the recording things, and then another hour of me sat there gradually running out of ideas of what to say. It's ridiculous, if a company are going to make some recording software, at least make it right! And half decent! And if you're going to make it open source, fine, but don't ditch the quality. "Oh, we're a big company and we're going to make some open source software because we're nice, but we're going to make it terrible to force people to invest in software that costs extensive amounts of money", might I add money that I don't have. Open Source pretty much just means you're getting a terrible product, but it's free so nobody cares. Making something free SHOULD NOT make the quality horrible. This is why I like smaller, independent company's, or independent coders, who make epic software for a profit, at a good price! Seriously, it's ridiculous.

However, let's get into Gaming News! Which is why I decided to write today.
I recently heard that Nintendo are making a new console (hopefully MUCH better than the Wii!), the Wii U. Seriously...? The Wii was terrible, the on-line game-play was terrible, the on-line mainframe was also terribly designed. But, at least it can't get worse. I have to say, though, I look forward to seeing it and checking it out for myself. It could be interesting.
As for Sony, the PS Vita is looking pretty sweet, but at £230 I am really not interested. My PS3 cost less than that, probably, but I am certainly not prepared to pay that. It looks good, but the money just doesn't seem worth it. Hand Held consoles usually phase out after a short amount of time, and I really don't want to spend money on something I will use for literally 3 weeks, and yes, I do mean literally.

Still, it's nice to see some activity finally, even though development of games for the older systems will stop and we will be forced to spend more money on the new ones. Never mind!

That's all I have to say, really.
Watch out for my Half-Life play through that I will record eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment